Monday, May 25, 2009

Pony Rides

On Saturday, Fernando took us to Griffith Park in Los Angeles so the girls could ride the train and the ponies. It is one of Azure’s favorite activities and she was excited to go. It was a long line for the train, but we were able to get on right away. Even Claire is starting to understand the fun in riding trains. Unfortunately, since we all rode the train, I have no pics to show for it. After the train, Azure dragged us to the pony rides. I noticed the sign said ages 1 and up to ride the slow ponies or the caged ones that go in a circle. So I thought for sure that Claire would love to ride. The sign also said ages 3 and up for the medium ponies that happen to go faster and a little further than the slow ones. I thought for sure Azure would love that. And she did. The pony ran up the track and Azure’s little head was bobbing up and down. She laughed about it. There were other kids that were not as excited and screamed while riding.


Photobucket


Photobucket

After her two (yes, two) rides on the pony, we took Claire to the caged ponies that walk in a circle. I didn’t feel comfortable putting her on the track for the first time. Of course, Fernando had to run a buy another ticket so Azure could ride with her sister. Claire was so excited; she banged and shook the fence. She screamed and tried to climb out of my arms to get to the ponies. But when it was her turn and she handed the ticket over to the guy and I put her on top of the pony, she wanted to get down and started to whine and cry and hold onto my hands for dear life. I am a mean mom and made the guy buckle her in anyway and then I put her sucky in her mouth. She quieted down, but threw angry looks in my direction. By the end of the pony ride, I could tell she enjoyed it as much as her sister.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


We ate some lunch and Daddy was nice enough to buy the girls pinwheels as a souvenir. The whole family had a great time and we were excited for the rest of the weekend.


Photobucket


Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment