Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mom


My mom has to be the greatest mom in the world. Literally.

My mom is the mom who stays up till two in the morning putting the finishing touches on a project you were supposed to start two weeks ago.

My mom is the mom who will drive to the school to drop off your lunch that you either forgot or just didn’t make.

My mom is the mom who will ride her bike with you and your friends, just to make sure you get to school safely.

My mom is the mom who will let you take the car so you can hang out with your friends, even though she had a long list of errands.

My mom is the mom who will spend every minute of free time and every last dime to make sure her daughters wedding is the very best. ( and still look good the day of!)

My mom is the mom who cleans my house whenever she stops by.

My mom is the mom who will walk home from work and play in the sprinklers in her work clothes because the grandkids are happy to see her.

My mom is the mom that never says no to watching my kids, no matter how busy her schedule is.

My mom is the mom that says “I’ll find a way,” instead of “I can’t,” when people need help.

And even though my mom never had a formal education, she is one of the smartest people I know. She taught me that people are important and it’s not what you know, but who you know in life. She has shown me that I should take time to know people and to help them, no matter how busy my schedule. She has shown me that unconditional love and service can be the more rewarding than millions of dollars and a top spot in a high company.

I have watched my mom love and serve and sacrifice over the years. I’ve seen her strength and wisdom, even at the toughest of times. And even though we didn’t have a lot growing up, my mom made sure to give us the best life she could. And I am grateful for that.

So, here’s to you mom. You are my hero. You are my confidant, my best friend. You are mine.

And I love you.

Happy Mother’s Day!

1 comment:

  1. What a great tribute. You are a pretty good mom yourself. I guess you are following in your mom's footsteps.

    ReplyDelete