Saturday, May 9, 2009

My most memorable mothers day

I don't remember what year it was, but I was coming home from my cousins wedding in Utah on Mother's day. My Aunt was driving and my granny, mom, cousin, her daughter were with us. My Aunt was speeding on the freeway and didn't notice. It wasn't that much. We were passing through Nephi, or Lehi, or some town from the book of mormon, when a police officer stopped her. He wasn't very nice pulling over a car full of women on Mother's day and he was a bit rude. When he gave my Aunt the ticket and walked back to the car, she yelled out, " Happy Mother's Day to you too!" I'm surprised that he didn't come back after that comment. Maybe he was feeling guilty about it.

1 comment:

  1. The cops are such jerks around that area you described. It could have been your Cali plates. We got pulled over going home from college and the cop said to us "I'm sure your mommy and daddy will pay for this (meaning the ticket)" Made me so mad. He kept asking who paid for our car and our college education and he didn't like that we said ourselves. Idiots.

    ReplyDelete