Sunday, May 3, 2009

Azure's 3 yr stats and Claire's 1 yr stats


okay first off, I think its amazing that my girls are complete opposites. They really are. I like it that way because it reminds me that they are unique individuals and not just "kids".
I took the girls to their wellness appointments last Tuesday morning. I knew ahead of time that Claire would get shots and that Azure wouldn't. Azure, of course, loves Dr. Scheibe. He is a really fun Dr. He has a lot of energy and tries to focus on the kids to ask the questions. He is very patient, which came in handy that day.
As soon as we got out of the waiting room and into an exam room, Azure became more excited and Claire's grip on my shirt got tighter. I undressed them both for measurements. Azure was a good girl and held still. Claire screamed. It wasn't really just a baby cry of discomfort. It was a full on, "mom they are going to torture me, come get me now, why did you let me go, what is happening?" scream, loud and high pitched. I never knew that she could scream like that.
When the nurses left, Claire gave me a pleading look and asked, "All done? All done?" I felt really horrible because I knew the worst was coming. But how do you explain that to a one year old who is afraid of the doctor?
When Dr Scheibe came in, the screaming started. We had to speak loudly to hear over Claire. Azure had her hands over her ears, but volunteered to go first. Claire watched semi quietly. When it was her turn, I put her on the table and she screamed. When he laid her down, she started thrashing and kicking and got even louder if that was possible. He checked her teeth while her mouth was open and he made her walk to me, which she almost did because she was so stiff and angry at him. He said both kids looked really healthy. Then the nurse came with the shots.
I had to practically sit on Claire because she was thrashing around so hard. I thought for sure she would have no voice by now, but she got even louder. She has two shots in her arm and one in each leg. Poor Azure was so scared from watching, she almost cried.
We made it out alive. But the Dr had asked for a urine sample from Azure. I'll just tell you that juggling a crying baby in one arm and trying to get a three yr old to pee in a cup even if she doesn't want to, is more challenging than it sounds. But I made it through.
Azure is 28 lbs and 37 1/2 inches. 50th in height and 20th in weigh. Dr Scheibe says that although he wants her to eat more, she is not in any danger, wight wise. Just small.
Claire is 16lbs 12oz and 29 inches. he wasn't worried about her at all because she eats a lot and eats healthy.
So I have two healthy kids on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment