Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Azureisms

Azure says a lot of things that make me laugh. I call them Azureisms. I think Tama actually created that word. he would read all the things that she would say and shake his head. She is really smart to say things like this because I didn't even know that 3 yr olds were smart enough to make comments. here is an Azureism from yesterday.

I was talking to my mom about something and I said, "holy crap". Azure has repeated that phrase before and I told her not to say it and that it was not nice. If she said it again, she would get hot sauce on her tongue. I then have been trying to watch my mouth. But it slipped out this time.
She told me, "mom that was not nice, you need hot sauce." I said, "You are right Azure, that was not a nice thing to say. I do need a hot sauce." We were out and about, so I put her in her carseat and drove home.
When we got home, she brought me the little bottle of hot sauce. "here is the hot sauce mom."
If I was a good mom, I would have taken it. And probably next time, I will to prove a point. But I just smiled and said thanks and asked her to go potty so we could put on her pajamas and get her ready for bed.

here are some previous Azureisms that I have saved because they make me laugh.

10-5- 08

I gave Azure raisins in a bowl. They were stuck together in big clumps.
"Mommy- it's poop"
" They're raisins"
"It's poop!"
"No, Azure it's raisins"
"Poopy raisins!"
Later I found them in her little potty chair.

4-11-09
This morning Azure came to me and gave me a hug and said, " I love you mom."
I said, "I love you too. But I really love you when you are obedient. Are you being obedient?"
She smiled and said, "no, I be awesome!" and then she laughed like it was the funniest joke ever.

At the church Easter breakfast she was hiding on the other side of the church outside with Omar her friend. I said, "Azure, you don't go hiding alone with a boy!" then Gage came running out. I said, "Gage too??" and she smiled and said very sassy like, "Yeeeeesss!"

Later that day....
Fernando asked her a few times to put on a shirt and she ignored him or walked away. Then he said, "I told you ten times to put a shirt on!" and she said, "no, only two times!"

4-16-09
I told Azure "you are pushing my buttons" to which she replied, "well you are pushing MY buttons"

I made a stir fry for dinner to which Azure replied, "no thanks, mom, I'll just be hungry."

4-18-09
I listened to Fernando ask Azure, " How old are you going to be on your birthday?" to which she replied, "seventeen." seventeen? she's watched too much twilight I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment